When you receive flowers already designed in a vase or other container, here’s how to keep the arrangement looking fresh for as long as possible:
The design should come with a package of flower food. Mix the flower food with cool water, following the instructions on the package. Then fill your bouquet container, saving the extra solution. If you keep your arrangement in a cool place (away from heat, appliances and direct sunlight) and keep the container filled with solution, your flowers should last for many days. Some people put the flowers in their refrigerator or in a cool basement overnight to extend their life. Always keep the container topped up with properly mixed flower food solution.
Remove each bloom as it ages. If the water turns cloudy, replace it with fresh flower food solution.
If you received fresh flowers from Martin’s and you are not completely satisfied, please let us know. We will make it right.
Are you looking for care instructions for a bouquet of cut flowers (not in a vase or container)? Visit this page after you watch the video below!
What To Do When Your Flowers Are Done
When the blooms eventually start to fade don’t despair! The enjoyment doesn’t have to end here.
Here are some suggestions for continued delight in your flowers:
- Use the flower petals for potpourri
- Flowers and greens can be added to your compost to help your garden plants
- Containers can be reused around the house, or recycled by returning them to Martin’s for an in-store credit
- Floral foam can be broken up into a top-notch mulch for your garden soil
- Floral foam also serves to promote drainage when used at the bottom of a plant pot
Do you have some other ideas? Send us your best post-bloom flower tips to care@MartinFlowers.com!